On the occasion of the 1st anniversary of CEDMO and under the auspices of the Czech Presidency of the Council of the EU, the largest meeting of interested parties and key actors in the fight against information disorders will be held in Prague, 22-23 September 2022. The conference organized by the research consortium CEDMO will welcome among its speakers world experts, EU and CEE representatives, NGOs, academics, journalists and legislative and technological experts.
Europe Tackles Information Chaos, a conference organized by CEDMO (Central European Digital Media Observatory), a hub dedicated to fighting disinformation.
On 22 and 23 September, the city of Prague will host an International conference under the auspices of the Czech Presidency of the European Union. Leading experts and key stakeholders – including NGOs, academics, think tanks and journalists – will address a range of topics linked to the infodemic of misinformation and disinformation.
The aim of the conference:
- To tackle the growing disenchantment with democratic processes, and institutional distrust and discord in civil society across Europe.
- To gather a multidisciplinary community focused on fighting disinformation in Europe, and to organise discussions and debates between the key partners representing the EU, public institutions, think tanks, civil society/NGOs, academia, and the private sector.
- To enable dialogue on the positive and negative role of tech companies in European democratic societes; identify areas where regulation can target the negative effects of disinformation, and advise on ways in which tech companies’ own actions could improve democratic outcomes.
- To mark the first anniversary of EDMO (European Digital Media Observatory) regional hubs.
- To promote this year’s Czech Presidency of the EU, and to discuss the country’s efforts at fighting disinformation.
Among the speakers at the conference will be:
- Auksė Balčytienė, Vytautas Magnus University
- Mária Bieliková , Kempelen Institute of Intelligent Technologies
- Kalina Bontcheva, University of Sheffield
- Věra Jourová, European Commission
- Danny Kemp, AFP journalist
- Karina Stasiuk-Krajewska, SWPS University
- Tomáš Kriššák, Gerulata Technologies
- Ľuboš Kukliš, European Platform of Regulatory Authorities
- Václav Moravec, Charles University
- Petr Očko, Czech Ministry of Industry and Trade
- Gianni Riotta, LUISS Guido Carli University
- Jochen Spangenberg, Deutsche Welle
- Alexander Stubb, European University Institute
- Lauri Tierala, European Digital Media Observatory
- Jocelyne Zablit, Agence France-Presse
- Jacek Żakowski, Gazeta Wyborcza and Collegium Civitas
Discover the full programme and register for free
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org